Sunday, June 28, 2015

Handmade stencils



I was itching to do some DIY and struck upon this a few weeks back when I was ogling mixed media projects online with a crazy obsession.. Well, before trying these designs above, I started with simple ones:


 (had used this one on my son's birthday album cover page.. wasn't quick enough to wash the acrylic off.. u have any tips for this?)


Did this with a craft knife on some plastic folders that we usually get in stationery stores ( cost just 6 Rs. and each was cut into four pieces for all the stencils above!) The hearts was the first one I cut and it shows in the pic that I wasn't deft with the knife to begin with, right? :-)

But once I got the hang of it, the rest patterns were a breeze.. I just drew the image on a piece of paper and placed the plastic sheet on top of it and went through with my knife.. Well, everything placed on a thick newspaper bed to avoid the floor getting the scratches, of course!

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing job you did cutting your own stencils! I would not attempt it - I am afraid I might cut myself with the knife! I love the top stencil the best, but they are all so beautiful! You have a talent for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stencils!! Love the top one.. You are very skilled

    ReplyDelete